Your appointment during Covid-19
Things are a little different at our practice due to the Covid-19 pandemic. If you have an upcoming appointment please DO NOT ATTEND the practice if you can answer yes to any of the following screening questions:
- Have you been in contact with any persons who are unwell or have COVID-19 symptoms?
- Do you, or anyone in your household have a temperature in excess of 37.8 degrees or a fever?
- Do you, or anyone in your household have a persistent cough?
- Have you or anyone in your household recently developed loss or a change in your normal sense of smell or taste?
We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the practice at any one time.
On your appointment day:
- Please do not arrive early to the practice and please come alone ( with the exception of children and patients with carers).
- Please wear a face covering/mask
- When you attend for your appointment the door will be locked, please wait outside. At your appointment time a nurse will arrive to chaperone you, there is no need for you to ring the bell or knock
- You will be asked some screening questions by the chaperone nurse.
- We will then ask you to use the hand sanitiser and you will be shown through to the waiting room. Please follow social distancing guidelines in the waiting room and wear a face covering at all times.
- A nurse will call you through to the surgery for your appointment.
- Please place your belongings in the plastic box in the surgery.
- At the end of your appointment please collect your belongings and leave the room.
- Payment should be made by card ideally contactless or over the phone (we may have already asked you for a pre-payment).
- Please exit via the back fire door and use the hand sanitiser as you leave
Please be aware of the following changes we have made to make the practice a safe environment for both patients and staff:
- We no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- A distance of at least 2 metres must be observed if another patient is present in or outside the practice.
Many thanks for your patience and cooperation during this difficult time.